The purpose of the PRINCE2 Foundation certification is to confirm you know and understand the PRINCE2 method sufficiently well to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation certification is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner certification. Upon successful completion of the training and examination, students will receive the PRINCE2 Foundation certification.
Course and Learning Objectives
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognized project management method.
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
Who is the certification for?
This PRINCE2 qualification is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
- Multiple-choice questions
- 60 questions per paper
- 33 marks required (out of 60 available) to pass: 55%
- One hour’s (60 minutes) duration
- Closed book.
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with Peoplecert for this certification.