The ITIL Service Operation training course is part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream. The course prepares candidates to take the ITIL Service Operation Intermediate exam as well as providing valuable knowledge that can be implemented in the workplace. The Service Operation Certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (ITSM). The purpose of this module, exam and certificate is, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in IT Service Management as documented in the ITIL Service Operation publication.
Course and Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Service Operation principles
- Service Operation processes
- Common Service Operation activities
- Organizing for Service Operation: functions
- Technology considerations
- Implementation of Service Operation
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
Who is the certification for?
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers and IT security managers and ITSM trainers who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Operation phase of the ITIL core Lifecycle and the affected processes, functions and activities and their application.
An ITIL Foundation certificate and preferably two years of work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with Peoplecert for this certification.