Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the Service Capability approach to IT Service Management as well as focusing on the processes & roles, activities and their execution throughout the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL Intermediate Release Control and Validation certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Our integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
What you will learn
- Importance of Service Management as a practice concept and Service Transition principles, purpose and objective
- Importance of ITIL Release Control and Validation while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL RCV interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- What are the processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL RCV processes
- How to use the ITIL RCV processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Change Management as a capability to realize successful service transition
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with ITIL RCV
Who should attend?
IT Managers, Operational staff, and anyone requiring a deeper knowledge of or who are involved in the Release, Control & Validation cluster of processes and functions.
An ITIL® Foundation certificate and preferably two years of work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with Peoplecert for this certification.