The ITIL® Planning Protection and Optimization (ITIL PPO) certificate is a free- standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications. The certificate in ITIL Planning Protection and Optimization is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply PPO practices during the Service Management Lifecycle.
Course and Learning Objectives
- Service design in PPO and Lifecycle context
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within planning, protection and optimization
- Capacity Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- Availability Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management
- Information Security Management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Demand Management
- Planning, protection and optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Organizational roles relevant to ITIL Planning Protection and Optimization
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks for planning, protection and optimization.
Who is the certification for?
IT Managers, Operational staff, and anyone requiring a deeper knowledge of or who are involved in Planning, Protection and Optimization cluster of processes and functions.
An ITIL Foundation certificate and preferably two years work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with Peoplecert for this certification.