Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the Service Capability approach to IT Service Management as well as focusing on the processes & roles, activities and their execution throughout the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL Planning Protection and Optimization certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Our integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
What you will learn
- Service design in PPO and Lifecycle context
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within planning, protection and optimization
- Capacity Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- Availability Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management
- Information Security Management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Demand Management
- Planning, protection and optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Organizational roles relevant to ITIL Planning Protection and Optimization
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks for planning, protection and optimization.
Who should attend?
IT Managers, Operational staff, and anyone requiring a deeper knowledge of or who are involved in Planning, Protection and Optimization cluster of processes and functions.
An ITIL® Foundation certificate and preferably two years of work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with Peoplecert for this certification.