Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the Service Capability approach to IT Service Management as well as focusing on the processes & roles, activities and their execution throughout the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL Intermediate Operational, Support & Analysis certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Our integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Course and Learning Objectives
- The value to the business of OSA activities and how OSA activities support the Service Lifecycle
- Optimizing Service Operation performance
- How the processes in OSA interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- How to use and measure the OSA processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- The importance of IT security and its contributions to OSA
- Understanding the technology and implementation considerations surrounding OSA
- The challenges, critical success factors (CSFs) and risks associated with OSA
- Operational activities of processes covered in other Lifecycle stages such as: Change Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Release and Deployment Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, Knowledge Management, Financial Management for IT Services, IT Service Continuity Management
- Organizing for Service Operation which describes roles and functions to be performed within the Service Operation and Support such as Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management.
Who is the certification course for?
IT Managers, Operational staff, and anyone requiring a deeper knowledge of or who are involved in the Operational Support & Analysis cluster of processes and functions.
An ITIL Foundation certificate and preferably two years of work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with Peoplecert for this certification.