The ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis (ITIL OSA) certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and certificate is, to impart knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications. The ITIL Operational Support and Analysis certification is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply OSA practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle.
Course and Learning Objectives
- The value to the business of OSA activities and how OSA activities support the Service Lifecycle
- Optimizing Service Operation performance
- How the processes in OSA interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- How to use and measure the OSA processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- The importance of IT security and its contributions to OSA
- Understanding the technology and implementation considerations surrounding OSA
- The challenges, critical success factors (CSFs) and risks associated with OSA
- Operational activities of processes covered in other Lifecycle stages such as: Change Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Release and Deployment Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, Knowledge Management, Financial Management for IT Services, IT Service Continuity Management
- Organizing for Service Operation which describes roles and functions to be performed within the Service Operation and Support such as Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management.
Who is the certification for?
IT Managers, Operational staff, and anyone requiring a deeper knowledge of or who are involved in the Operational Support & Analysis cluster of processes and functions.
An ITIL Foundation certificate and preferably two years work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with Peoplecert for this certification.