This ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation course provides a basic insight in the specifications and code of practice for ISO 20000 and covers the second edition of the standard (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011) which cancels and replaces the first edition. This 3-day training course provides a practical focus on developing the skills to understand and apply the ISO 20000 standard within an organization to achieve compliance and certification. Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated Foundation certification test which is one of the possible pre-requisites for the Practitioner qualification.
Course and Learning Objectives
At the end of this ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation course the student will be able to understand the scope, objectives and high-level requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, how it is used in a typical IT service provider organization, together with the main elements of the certification process. Specifically, the student will understand:
- The background to ISO/IEC 20000
- The scope and purpose of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of ISO/IEC 20000 and how these can be used
- The key terms and definitions used
- The fundamental requirements for an SMS and the need for continual improvement
- The processes, their objectives and high-level requirements in a typical IT service provider scenario
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- The relationship with best practices and related standards
Who is the certification course for?
Staff working within an IT service provider organization who require a basic understanding of the standard, Staff working within service providers who are already certified to ISO/IEC 20000 or those considering its implementation.
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with APMG for this certification.