At the end of this ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation course the student will be able to understand the scope, objectives and high-level requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, how it is used in a typical IT service provider organization, together with the main elements of the certification process. Specifically, the student will understand:
- The background to ISO/IEC 20000
- The scope and purpose of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of ISO/IEC 20000 and how these can be used
- The key terms and definitions used
- The fundamental requirements for an SMS and the need for continual improvement
- The processes, their objectives and high-level requirements in a typical IT service provider scenario
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- The relationship with best practices and related standards
Who is the certification course for?
Staff working within an IT service provider organization who require a basic understanding of the standard, Staff working within service providers who are already certified to ISO/IEC 20000 or those considering its implementation.
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with APMG for this certification.