This eLearning in IT Governance Foundation is an AMPG officially accredited course, which can be used to study for and pass the COBIT® 5 Foundation exam.
COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
COBIT® 5 has been found highly useful for organizations to help them achieve strategic goals through effective and innovative use of IT; while managing risks and costs at an acceptable level and Support compliance.
The eLearning CBT consists of easy-to-follow modules covering the terminology, structure, concepts and value of COBIT® 5 and preparation for the COBIT® 5 exam.
Students who complete this Computer Based course, along with some self study, shall be suitably prepared to take the associated COBIT® 5 Foundation exam.
Along with this course, the COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is a requirement for additional COBIT® 5 training, including the COBIT® 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program.
What you will learn
At the conclusion of the course, you will understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT® 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
- The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance to:
- Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management
- Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping the aspects of COBIT® 5, which would be appropriate to implement.
Who is the certification for?
COBIT®5 is ideal for assurance, security, risk, privacy and compliance professionals or business leaders and stakeholders who are involved in or affected by governance and management of information and information systems.
Typical target audience includes Business Management, IT/IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners; Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT® Implementer.
- Downloadable Additional Reading materials
- Mock exam
- 120 access days to the platform
What are the minimum system requirements to run this e-Learning courses?
Sound card, microphone, and webcam for recording narration and video
Windows 7 or later (32-bit or 64-bit)
Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox (all latest version)
* When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where your courses are hosted.